Trump Threatens New Strikes on Iran Nuclear Sites
Trump Threatens New Strikes on Iran Nuclear Sites
President Donald Trump said he would hit Iranian nuclear sites again "if necessary," reiterating his warning to Tehran that it should abandon its ambitions to keep enriching uranium.
Trump noted the comments made by Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi during an interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier, in which the diplomat described the severity of the damage caused by the U.S. strikes on his country's main nuclear facilities on June 22.
Araghchi said the enrichment facilities had been "destroyed."
"Of course they are, just like I said, and we will do it again, if necessary!" Trump posted to his Truth Social platform on Monday, July 21, criticizing earlier media coverage that had called into question the level of damage inflicted.
Trump's post took a swipe at a CNN report of an early U.S. intelligence assessment that suggested the strikes had not destroyed Iran's nuclear program, only set it back by months.
Trump interpreted Araghchi's comments as showing the U.S. military strikes had stopped Iran's ability to develop a nuclear bomb. However, the foreign minister added that Tehran would continue to enrich uranium as a matter of "national pride," suggesting that its atomic ambitions were not over.
Trump was responding to comments Araghchi made during an interview with Fox News' Baier in which the Iranian foreign minister said that his country's nuclear facilities had been seriously damaged.
Aragchi said the damage was being assessed by Iranian investigators and it would be possible for U.N. inspectors to examine Iran's nuclear sites.
He would not confirm or deny whether enriched uranium had survived the U.S. strikes but said Tehran would provide details to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The IAEA has previously said it does not know what happened to Iran's enriched uranium.
Aragchi said Iran can prove its nuclear program was for peaceful purposes, which could result in a lifting of sanctions, a move he described as a "win-win" for Tehran and Washington.
The foreign minister also said Iran has paused its uranium enrichment program because of the damage caused by the U.S. strikes but his country would continue with the program because it was a question of national pride.
Trump responded on social media by taking aim at CNN for its report as he reiterated his administration's view that Iran's nuclear sites had been "obliterated."
Clintons Agree to Testify in Epstein Probe
Feb 3, 2026
2 min
India Drops Russian Oil; Trump Slashes Tariffs
Feb 3, 2026
2 min
Dem Flips Deep-Red Texas Senate Seat
Feb 3, 2026
2 min
CBS News Weighs Firing Attia Over Epstein Emails
Feb 3, 2026
1 min
Emails: Epstein Had a Secret Child
Feb 3, 2026
3 min
Emails: Melania Praised Epstein Article to Maxwell
Feb 3, 2026
2 min
Billie Eilish Blasted for "Fuck ICE" Speech
Feb 3, 2026
1 min
TODAY Anchor Savannah Guthrie’s Mom Likely Abducted
Feb 3, 2026
2 min
Judge Refuses to Halt ICE Operation in MN
Feb 1, 2026
2 min
Senate Passes $1.2T Govt Funding Deal
Feb 1, 2026
4 min
US, Israel Deny Role in Deadly Iran Blasts
Feb 1, 2026
1 min
Ghislaine: 29 Epstein Friends Cut Secret Deals
Feb 1, 2026
2 min
Epstein Photo: Andrew on All Fours Over Woman
Feb 1, 2026
2 min
Judge Blocks Trump’s Citizenship Voting Rules
Feb 1, 2026
2 min
Moltbook: The Social Network Where Humans Can’t Post
Feb 1, 2026
3 min
Detransitioner Wins $2M in Historic Malpractice Verdict
Feb 1, 2026
2 min
Feds Arrest Don Lemon Over MN Church Protest
Jan 30, 2026
2 min
DOJ Releases 3M Epstein File Pages
Jan 30, 2026
5 min
Trump Taps Kevin Warsh for Fed Chair
Jan 30, 2026
6 min
Partial Shutdown Likely Tonight Despite Senate Deal
Jan 30, 2026
2 min

