The Frank
Home
Today's Fastrack
About
Subscribe
Trump Weighs Military Options in Venezuela

Trump Weighs Military Options in Venezuela

author
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com
The Frank Staff
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com

Nov 14, 2025

·

0 min read

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

Senior military officials on Wednesday presented President Trump with updated options for potential operations in Venezuela, including strikes on land, according to multiple sources familiar with the meetings at the White House.

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Dan Caine and other senior officials briefed the president on military options for the coming days, the sources said.

No final decision has been made, however, two of the sources told CBS News.

The U.S. intelligence community assisted in providing information for potential operations, the sources said. Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard did not attend White House discussions because she was returning from an overseas trip. Secretary of State Marco Rubio was in Canada at a G7 summit of foreign ministers.

Earlier this week, the USS Gerald Ford carrier strike group entered U.S. Southern Command's area of responsibility. Southern Command is the primary combatant unit for operations in the Caribbean and South America.

The Ford joins a flotilla of destroyers, war planes and special operations assets that are already in the region.

Over the last two months, the U.S. military has conducted strikes against at least 21 vessels it alleges were ferrying drugs from South America to the U.S. (There have been 20 strikes so far, but an operation in late October targeted two boats.)

At least 80 alleged smugglers have been killed in the strikes. Two survived and were repatriated to their home countries of Ecuador and Colombia. The man released in Ecuador was freed because authorities found no evidence he had committed a crime.

At a defense summit Wednesday in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Hegseth raised the Trump administration's offensive against narcotics traffickers.

"My advice to foreign terrorist organizations is do not get in a boat," Hegseth said. "If you're trafficking drugs to poison the American people and we know you're from a designated terrorist organization, you're a foreign terrorist or trafficker — we will find you and we will kill you."

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

Clintons Agree to Testify in Epstein Probe

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

India Drops Russian Oil; Trump Slashes Tariffs

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Dem Flips Deep-Red Texas Senate Seat

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

CBS News Weighs Firing Attia Over Epstein Emails

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

Emails: Epstein Had a Secret Child

Feb 3, 2026

3 min

Emails: Melania Praised Epstein Article to Maxwell

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Billie Eilish Blasted for "Fuck ICE" Speech

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

TODAY Anchor Savannah Guthrie’s Mom Likely Abducted

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Judge Refuses to Halt ICE Operation in MN

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Senate Passes $1.2T Govt Funding Deal

Feb 1, 2026

4 min

US, Israel Deny Role in Deadly Iran Blasts

Feb 1, 2026

1 min

Ghislaine: 29 Epstein Friends Cut Secret Deals

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Epstein Photo: Andrew on All Fours Over Woman

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Judge Blocks Trump’s Citizenship Voting Rules

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Moltbook: The Social Network Where Humans Can’t Post

Feb 1, 2026

3 min

Detransitioner Wins $2M in Historic Malpractice Verdict

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Feds Arrest Don Lemon Over MN Church Protest

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

DOJ Releases 3M Epstein File Pages

Jan 30, 2026

5 min

Trump Taps Kevin Warsh for Fed Chair

Jan 30, 2026

6 min

Partial Shutdown Likely Tonight Despite Senate Deal

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

  • Today's Fastrack
  • About
  • Contact
  • Policy & Terms
  • Recaptcha