The Frank
Home
Today's Fastrack
About
Subscribe
Trump Threatens Nigeria Over Christian Killings

Trump Threatens Military Action in Nigeria Over Christian Killings

author
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com
The Frank Staff
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com

Nov 2, 2025

·

0 min read

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

President Trump on Saturday told the Department of Defense (DOD) to “prepare for possible action” in Nigeria over alleged attacks on Christians in the African country.

“If the Nigerian Government continues to allow the killing of Christians, the U.S.A. will immediately stop all aid and assistance to Nigeria, and may very well go into that now disgraced country, ‘guns-a-blazing,’ to completely wipe out the Islamic Terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities.,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post.

“I am hereby instructing our Department of War to prepare for possible action,” the post continued. “If we attack, it will be fast, vicious, and sweet, just like the terrorist thugs attack our CHERISHED Christians! WARNING: THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BETTER MOVE FAST!”

Prior to Trump’s social media comments, Nigerian President Bola Tinubu said Saturday his government is committed to working with the United States

“The characterization of Nigeria as religiously intolerant does not reflect our national reality, nor does it take into consideration the consistent and sincere efforts of the government to safeguard freedom of religion and beliefs for all Nigerians,” Tinubu wrote on the social platform X. Religious freedom and tolerance have been a core tenet of our collective identity and shall always remain so.”

“Nigeria opposes religious persecution and does not encourage it,” Tinubu continued. “Nigeria is a country with constitutional guarantees to protect citizens of all faiths.”

Trump previously said that Nigeria would be placed on the State Department’s “Countries of Particular Concern” watchlist. In a Truth Social post on Friday, he asked Reps. Riley Moore (R-W.Va.) and Tom Cole (R-Okla.) “to immediately look into this matter, and report back to me.”

“The United States cannot stand by while such atrocities are happening in Nigeria, and numerous other Countries,” Trump wrote. “We stand ready, willing, and able to save our Great Christian population around the World!”

The president’s order on Saturday comes after Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) called on Congress to designate Nigeria as a violator of religious freedom, claiming the country has committed a “Christian genocide,” The Associated Press reported.

Religiously-motivated attacks have taken place against both Christian and Muslim populations, according to the AP’s reporting. But other attacks have occurred between farmers and herders fighting over dwindling resources.

The AP also cited data from the U.S.-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data program showing that between January 2020 and this September, 385 attacks that were “targeted events against Christians … where Christian identity of the victim was a reported factor” resulted in 317 deaths. Over the same period, there were 417 deaths recorded among Muslims in 196 attacks.

“There is no systematic, intentional attempt either by the Nigerian government or by any serious group to target a particular religion,” Information Minister Idris Muhammed told the outlet.

Among those praising Trump’s actions was rapper Nicki Minaj, who thanked the president on Saturday “for taking this seriously.”

“Reading this made me feel a deep sense of gratitude,” Minaj posted on X, sharing a screenshot of Trump’s Truth Social post from Friday. “We live in a country where we can freely worship God. No group should ever be persecuted for practicing their religion. We don’t have to share the same beliefs in order for us to respect each other. Numerous countries all around the world are being affected by this horror & it’s dangerous to pretend we don’t notice.”

This all comes days after Nobel Prize-winning Nigerian author Wole Soyinka said his non-resident visa to enter the U.S. was rejected. He said he believes it was because he criticized Trump, which he has done for years.

“I have no visa,” Soyinka said at a press conference on Tuesday. “I am banned, obviously, from the United States, and if you want to see me, you know where to find me.”

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

Clintons Agree to Testify in Epstein Probe

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

India Drops Russian Oil; Trump Slashes Tariffs

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Dem Flips Deep-Red Texas Senate Seat

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

CBS News Weighs Firing Attia Over Epstein Emails

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

Emails: Epstein Had a Secret Child

Feb 3, 2026

3 min

Emails: Melania Praised Epstein Article to Maxwell

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Billie Eilish Blasted for "Fuck ICE" Speech

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

TODAY Anchor Savannah Guthrie’s Mom Likely Abducted

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Judge Refuses to Halt ICE Operation in MN

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Senate Passes $1.2T Govt Funding Deal

Feb 1, 2026

4 min

US, Israel Deny Role in Deadly Iran Blasts

Feb 1, 2026

1 min

Ghislaine: 29 Epstein Friends Cut Secret Deals

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Epstein Photo: Andrew on All Fours Over Woman

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Judge Blocks Trump’s Citizenship Voting Rules

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Moltbook: The Social Network Where Humans Can’t Post

Feb 1, 2026

3 min

Detransitioner Wins $2M in Historic Malpractice Verdict

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Feds Arrest Don Lemon Over MN Church Protest

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

DOJ Releases 3M Epstein File Pages

Jan 30, 2026

5 min

Trump Taps Kevin Warsh for Fed Chair

Jan 30, 2026

6 min

Partial Shutdown Likely Tonight Despite Senate Deal

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

  • Today's Fastrack
  • About
  • Contact
  • Policy & Terms
  • Recaptcha