The Frank
Home
Today's Fastrack
About
Subscribe
Jimmy Fallon Cancels Appearance at NYC Festival

Jimmy Fallon Cancels Appearance at NYC Festival

author
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com
The Frank Staff
author

The Frank Staff

The Frank Staff.
[email protected]
@TheFrank_com

Sep 19, 2025

·

0 min read

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

Jimmy Fallon abruptly canceled his scheduled appearance at Fast Company’s Innovation Festival in New York City on Thursday, organizers confirmed.

Festival officials told Adweek that Fallon was slated to join a session titled “Staying On Brand” but pulled out at the last minute. The event went ahead with marketing executive Bozoma Saint John and Fast Company editor Jeff Beer.

The cancellation comes as the late-night television world reels from ABC’s indefinite suspension of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” after Kimmel made remarks about conservative activist Charlie Kirk’s killing.

Kimmel’s removal has sparked fierce debate, with critics accusing ABC and its parent company, Disney, of bowing to political pressure.

President Trump cheered the suspension, while Hollywood unions warned it set a dangerous precedent for free expression. Kimmel, 57, has not commented publicly, though sources told The Post he is “absolutely f–king livid.”

No reason was given for Fallon’s decision to skip the New York event.

Disney-owned ABC on Wednesday pulled Kimmel’s late-night show off the air indefinitely after his remarks about Kirk’s assassination drew fire from affiliates, regulators and the White House.

The network announced Wednesday that “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” would be suspended after Nexstar Communications, which operates 23 ABC affiliates, refused to carry the program.

Nexstar broadcasting president Andrew Alford called Kimmel’s comments “offensive and insensitive at a critical time in our national political discourse.”

Kimmel had used his Monday and Tuesday monologues to criticize Republicans’ response to Kirk’s murder, suggesting that the suspect, Tyler Robinson, was a pro-Trump Republican.

“The MAGA Gang (is) desperately trying to characterize this kid who murdered Charlie Kirk as anything other than one of them,” Kimmel told viewers Monday.

The 22-year-old accused gunman grew up in a conservative Mormon household in Utah but turned sharply left in the last year, embracing pro-LGBTQ causes, investigators said. He told his transgender partner that he killed Kirk because he had “had enough of his hatred.”

Kimmel also mocked President Trump’s public response to the killing, saying, “This is how a 4-year-old mourns a goldfish.”

He later ridiculed Vice President JD Vance and FBI Director Kash Patel’s handling of the case.

The backlash was swift. FCC Chairman Brendan Carr blasted Kimmel’s comments as “truly sick” and warned Disney, ABC’s parent company, that the agency had grounds to hold it accountable for misinformation.

“We can do this the easy way or the hard way,” Carr said on the Benny Johnson podcast.

Trump celebrated the suspension on Truth Social, writing: “Congratulations to ABC for finally having the courage to do what had to be done.”

Trump widened his war on late-night television, calling Fallon and Seth Meyers “two total losers” after ABC suspended Kimmel’s show.

Trump posted on Truth Social that Kimmel had “ZERO talent, and worse ratings than even [Stephen] Colbert, if that’s possible.” He added, “That leaves Jimmy and Seth, two total losers, on Fake News NBC. Their ratings are also horrible. Do it NBC.”

Outside Kimmel’s Hollywood studio, would-be audience members waiting to enter Wednesday’s taping were told the show was canceled.

The suspension comes as Disney seeks FCC approval for ESPN’s acquisition of the NFL Network and Nexstar awaits Trump administration sign-off on its $6.2 billion takeover of Tegna.

Both companies now face political pressure tied to the case.

Trump, who has long sparred with late-night hosts, also cheered CBS’s decision earlier this year to cancel Colbert’s show, calling him talentless.

Colbert’s exit came weeks before the FCC approved Paramount’s merger with Skydance.

Share options

Email
Facebook
X
Telegram
WhatsApp
Reddit

Clintons Agree to Testify in Epstein Probe

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

India Drops Russian Oil; Trump Slashes Tariffs

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Dem Flips Deep-Red Texas Senate Seat

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

CBS News Weighs Firing Attia Over Epstein Emails

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

Emails: Epstein Had a Secret Child

Feb 3, 2026

3 min

Emails: Melania Praised Epstein Article to Maxwell

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Billie Eilish Blasted for "Fuck ICE" Speech

Feb 3, 2026

1 min

TODAY Anchor Savannah Guthrie’s Mom Likely Abducted

Feb 3, 2026

2 min

Judge Refuses to Halt ICE Operation in MN

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Senate Passes $1.2T Govt Funding Deal

Feb 1, 2026

4 min

US, Israel Deny Role in Deadly Iran Blasts

Feb 1, 2026

1 min

Ghislaine: 29 Epstein Friends Cut Secret Deals

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Epstein Photo: Andrew on All Fours Over Woman

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Judge Blocks Trump’s Citizenship Voting Rules

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Moltbook: The Social Network Where Humans Can’t Post

Feb 1, 2026

3 min

Detransitioner Wins $2M in Historic Malpractice Verdict

Feb 1, 2026

2 min

Feds Arrest Don Lemon Over MN Church Protest

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

DOJ Releases 3M Epstein File Pages

Jan 30, 2026

5 min

Trump Taps Kevin Warsh for Fed Chair

Jan 30, 2026

6 min

Partial Shutdown Likely Tonight Despite Senate Deal

Jan 30, 2026

2 min

  • Today's Fastrack
  • About
  • Contact
  • Policy & Terms
  • Recaptcha